Monday 24 June 2013

More cards...

I'm clearly in the mood for cardmaking and have been making a few every day so there are quite a lot of pictures to go through here!

 These two are made with bits from the same Margaret Sherry calendar as before.  Very simple picture, stuck on backing, stuck on card with a greeting (handwritten/peel-off) stuck on the bottom.

 Several years ago I had a 'page a day' calendar with winnie-the-pooh pictures on.  I bought it partly because I liked the pictures (being a firm AA Milne fan) and partly because I foresaw the possibilities for cardmaking! I've used several before but I thought I would take a step towards making more by systematically going through them all and grouping them by picture.  I didn't realise quite how many different pictures there were and I very nearly ran out of room on my bedroom floor.  At the same time I trimmed off the date on each page and now have a large stock of pictures.  It's harder than you might think when you're confronted by so many possibilities but I did manage to start making a few.

 Beautiful Eeyore on two layers of purple :)

 Heading for a family picnic - mounted on shiny gold paper and stuck to card with foam pads to elevate it slightly.  Card is blue with ripped green paper stuck across it which matches up with the grass line in the picture.  And there is a lovely little peel-off gold butterfly in the corner :)

 Another beautiful motif; I carefully trimmed it so that I could get a fully dotty border around it and laid it on the stip of gold as well - very relaxing.

I'm fairly sure I've already said something about this Home to Nest range, I'm making more cards from it anyway.  These are all decoupage as you don't have to think so much when you're doing them.
 I love the border stip of eggs that came in the pack and thought it would work well with the nesting boxes.  Top tip if you are a thrifty crafter: always remember that you don't actually have to put the stip all the way across the card - no-one will be able to see it underneath the motif so you can just chop two shorter bits to stick on and save yourself the border strips (because no pack ever comes with enough of them)

 Decoupage again laid on top of handmade paper.  It needs a little something in the bottom right hand corner but I haven't yet worked out what it is.  Another top tip: to get the frayed edge on handmade paper you need to wet the paper with a thin paintbrush dipped in water.  Use a ruler for a straight line and follow it along.  When you have wet it all you can softly pull and get that lovely soft edge.  If it doesn't pull easily use a bit more water.  Don't forget to let the edges of the paper dry before you start doing anything else with it as well.

 Lovely robin card.  I had trouble with this as I did the decoupage first and then went for the backing but needed to keep the silver quite thin and then realised that I was going to squish the decoupage with my rotatrim!! A few quick adjustments and a bit of trimming later and I've ended up with something that I still think works ok.

I was starting to get a little bit bored of the normal stuff by this point and thought I would add some lace down the sides of this blue tit.  I've used two parallel lines of thin double sided stickytape.  The ends are inside - trimmed and stuck down with proper sellotape ie not magic tape.

That's all for now folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment