Wednesday 19 June 2013

Cards for men

I made Fathers' day cards for Dad and Grandad and also a birthday card for Dad.  I had to make the birthday card in advance so that I could take it with me to my boyfriend's this past weekend for him to sign.

 I took three preprinted shapes and put an eyelet in to hold them together and then threaded several bits of ribbon through before sticking it to a long, textured card.  I like tags and am a ribbon hoarder so really enjoyed making this; I'm pleased with how it turned out too.

 This is a decoupage card that I just had to pop out of a sheet and stick together.  I've added an edge with gold peel-off thin strips which really helps it stand out.  I like the effect of it being in a frame and the gold ties in with the peel-off text.

I was struggling to find colours to match my motifs and Mum handed me a paint strip and as I sat looking at it I realised I could use it!  There is a cheeky gap underneath the raised motif as I only really wanted those four colours (the others were too light or too dark) but you wouldn't know if you weren't looking.

I'm having fun being creative and like the set of papers/decoupage/motifs that these cards all come from which is Lucy Cromwell's 'Home to nest' for docrafts Papermania http://www.docrafts.com/article/Papermania-Home-To-Nest-Collection.  More cards etc to follow as I continue playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment