Monday 3 June 2013

Card making

I've been sorting out my craft boxes as well.  Some stuff has been thrown away and everything is now very organised and much more accessible.  As I'd found lots of bits I thought I'd better make some cards with them and will make more in the next few weeks.

 This is a beautiful paper cutting which I couldn't bear to cut to pieces.  I used Mum's spray mount to stick it to the card.  It does need trimming marginally down the left hand side as the card was ever so slightly wider.

 A repeat of an earlier card from the same forever friends pack.  Mum has had a fair few of the duplicates out of it but I like this one so much I kept both to myself.

 Years ago I had a page-a-day calendar with winnie-the-pooh pictures on every day.  I kept it (of course) and have trimmed quite a few over the years to make instant cards.  This one was even pre-mounted so it only needed sticking on the card.  I will probably put a peel-off greeting on it but I will wait for the occasion to use it and then pick an appropriate one.


 A craft magazine came with a free Margaret Sherry calendar that had some decoupage sheets in the back.  Again this was many years ago and I still have some of the pieces.  The cat and mouse go together and I thought it would be quite cute to have a little surprise on the inside.  The cat is lifted slightly on sticky foam pads.  I'm sorry that the photo isn't really in focus tho.

 The flower motif is from Calvin Klein 'Euphoria' perfume campaign and is quite pretty.  The purple bits are raised and slightely fuzzy.  I stuck it to silver paper and cut round it, imperfectly and then stuck it to the card.  I used my corner-rounder as I thought square corners were a bit too harsh.  It needed something extra and I finally decided on the corner motifs - Mum really likes them!

This is a pre-cut butterfly card and I've stuck the patterned paper to the inside of the card because it gives it a bit of extra dimension when it's standing up.

A lot of these will have extra finishing touches added before being sent.  The following one has already been posted and the occasion was a birthday as you can see.  Again this is from the Margaret Sherry calendar but the mouse inside was a random little sticker that I thought was fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment