Monday 22 August 2011

So many things

I've been away for the weekend which has been lovely and involved conversation about the penguins from 'Madagascar'.  Did you know they were in a 'short' all by themselves? It is well worth (an)other watch and has got me thinking about penguins - from those I saw at the zoo last summer with a friend, to google pictures, to the polymer clay penguin I made my boyfriend as part of his advent calendar last year (it really is there in the middle of the third picture, between a cracker and a Christmas tree).


I'm really not very confident with polymer clay yet want to make some miniature cakes as I have two birthdays and a wedding this week - what to use instead?  I have seen quilled giant 3D cupcakes, quilled slices of cake and quilled tiered cakes as well so am planning to have a bit of a go with those.  I wondered whether foam might be a decent alternative but only have very thin sheets which would make such a teeny-tiny cake as to not be worth it (have started making macaroons out of these with my experiment-y bits instead) and have come to the conclusion that making a mold for miniature cupcakes, and their paper cases, may well be the best way forward.  I shall continue playing and hopefully have something nice, and well-made, by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment