Monday 15 August 2011

A glass cloche

What particularly inspired to actually start making my own miniatures was a set of pictures over at http://une-petite-folie.blogspot.com/.  I love the idea of displaying minis underneath a glass cloche!  Not only does it keep them protected it instantly transforms them into an artwork - such a simple and effective idea!


It also means that I don't have to create an entire house to display things in - at the moment I have nowhere I could put it and, to be honest, a dollshouse is too big a project right now.  Being able to create odds and ends and bring them together under a cloche, such as this, makes the project much less daunting.

I have decided to create some garden related objects - fruit, vegetables, flowers, tools etc etc.  At the moment it is a slightly disparate range as I choose projects that are simple enough for me to attempt in my small work space and without having to buy much extra in the way of supplies.  However, I have no doubt that I will come up with a worthy collection and that putting it under a cloche will really help.

 Now all I need to do is find a cloche to buy and finish making minis for my first ever display

No comments:

Post a Comment