Tuesday 23 April 2013

Hope

I have finished my first block! I know it's the second one that I've made but it is the first that is complete.


 I'm quite pleased with the way it has turned out :) It may not be perfectly square, or flat etc but it is bright and cheerful and colourful and has helped me to try and be more hopeful in my current situation.

My boyfriend's parents gave me a little book of sewing projects for my birthday and it talked about using catch stitch to applique.  Apparently the entire block could be classed as applique; I didn't realise there were so many different ways to do it (or that I was doing applique!!).


Anyway, this close up shows the detail and I hope you can see it.  I put iron-on vilene on the back of the purple fabric before cutting the letters out, to reduce the risk of fraying.  It worked really well and was so easy and simple to do.

I was planning to link to something showing you how to do a catch stitch but what google has come up with is different to what I did so I'm going to leave that bit out......

I haven't quite worked out what I want to do for my next block.  There are lots of ideas floating around and things I'd quite like to do but am not really feeling at the moment.  Thoughts and inspiration would be very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment