Monday 15 April 2013

Forever Friends!!

Mum and I went shopping in The Range (http://www.therange.co.uk/) the other day and I picked up an absolute bargain.  You might have seen lots of 'British' FF stuff last year, but this is now old stock and I presume they were trying to get rid of it.  There was a pack that seemed to have a fair amount of stuff in it, although we couldn't quite work out precisely what products, and decided that at £7.99 it was probably worth it.


It was definitely worth it!!
- 3 x sets of clear stamps
- 1 x pack of 5 cards with envelopes
- 2 x A5 card kits
- 2 x decoupage pack
- 4 x A4 sheet of motifs

It's a pack that is going to be shared out as there is just so so much there.  I've started having a play and over a couple of sessions have made a total of 4 cards.  This is out of one half of one of the decoupage packs (Mum has the other half of the pack, which is identical).

The Beefeater is on one of the cards that came in the pack and I've very simply added gold peel-off strips as a border.  It is a little bit plain and I might decide to add a few more bits to it.















The sentry with his busby is on a pearlescent card (from my own supplies) and has a matching ribbon.  The ribbon wasn't quite long enough to tie into a bow so I got Mum to tie a bow in an identical bit and trimmed it to size.  I love ribbon and whenever I buy a top that has ribbons to hold them on the hanger in the shop I chop them out and save them.










The pinstripe paper came in the pack and I thought it very appropriate as I imagine the FF bear getting into the cab as being a city business man.  Again it is a simple card but I like a clean look and think that it works well with the offset.  There would be room at the bottom right-hand corner to put a greeting on later if desired.





I absolutely love the effect of the bears peeping out the bus windows.  They consist of several layers and have a wonderfully 3D effect which is slightly lost in the photo.  I coloured the edges of my background paper with an appropriately shaded ink pad before sticking it to the card.












Lots of fun so far and much much more to come! Also this season's range of FF products are now available and some of them look gorgeous too!


No comments:

Post a Comment