Saturday 2 March 2013

Patchwork

I haven't finished the first block but I've decided to more on to the next one...

The first one is going to have the word 'health' stitched across it in ribbon (you can see the start of the word in the picture).  My boyfriend's parents gave me a necklace for Christmas where you have a little oyster to open and you get a pearl to put in a setting.  Mine came out a peachy/pinky colour which is supposed to mean health which for me is very applicable.  So the colours of the block reflect that and it was to be the start of a positivity project.


Unfortunately my health has not been *quite* so good and I've been quite down about my circumstances and haven't wanted to complete the block as it felt like adding insult to injury.  Today however (after a mini meltdown and chatting to a very lovely friend) I have started a new block.  It's laid out and I'll leave it for a day or so to see if I want to tweak it at all and then start stitching.  Hopefully this time I can make it square!!


The purple fabric on the left will be appliqued on in this block's word: HOPE.  I want to carry on in a more positive frame of mind and try and accept the limitations my body has at the moment but believe that it will get better.  And also try to allow myself to stop and rest and relax and take the time that I need to recouperate.  I can do this, I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment