Friday 18 January 2013

A mish mash...

Well life has got in the way slightly as various friends have had problems, work has been taking it out on me and there have been various issues with my accommodation.  It's nice to be back posting though

 My second hyacinth has come out and is looking very pretty
 I crocheted a pretty coaster which I really like but is slightly too small.  I'm planning to make some more as there are so many lovely doily projects out there but I want to do relatively simple patterns as I'm still not too confident beyond the basics.  The pattern for this one can be found at http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/aspiring_accents_coaster.php

 Carrying on with the crochet I started the scarf that was supposed to be llami's christmas present.  He doesn't mind as he got a knitted one from my boyfriend instead but you can see he's quite pleased about the prospect of having more that one!!
 Again a bit of a departure from mini-making I know but I want to make a patchwork/crazy quilt block (for a very sepcific reason but more on that later).  I've purchased some fabric scraps and pulled others from my stash and started laying out how it might go.  I've never done anything like this before although I have done some more sewing projects in the past six months (which yes I need to post, I know) so I'm a bit nervous but also quite excited/hopeful as this is definitely a positivity project.
 So I have been crafting in amongst all the crappiness and even if it isn't minis I hope you'll forgive me and stay around for the mish mash of everything that is me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment