Sunday 6 January 2013

Update on lacemaking

I have a bit of a problem...
1) the beads aren't attached to the ends of my bobbins securely enough and are starting to come off
2) the second pattern doesn't seem to make any sort of sense at all so I have no idea how to carry on
3) I have had too many setbacks and have run out of patience.
It is likely to be some considerable time before I pick this up again to have another go - there are more interesting things to play with that don't have quite so many issues.

On a positive note the hyacinths that I planted back in October have begun to flower.  They were Christmas presents for people but there was one left over for me :D


Each bulb is a different colour which means the pot as a whole will flower for longer as they'll all blossom at different times.  This photo was taken yesterday and more flowers have opened up today so it looks fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment