Sunday 23 December 2012

Miniature knitting

I've seen an image of a tiny felted owl sitting on a branch and knitting a scarf many times on pinterest and have tracked it down to an etsy seller called ScratchCraft


I decided that as I had time on my hands this week, as well as some crochet thread and cocktail sticks I'd give it a go and tried some mini knitting.  At that time I couldn't find the picture so made quite a few more stitches than this owl has!  That and it's just plain white thread


I also cut a long piece of thread and wound it up into a small ball and covered it in a thin layer of PVA glue to secure it.  The only problems I had were that the cocktail sticks are a bit pointy and the tips are prone to break (not being designed for knitting) but you could always switch one out when it gave up.


It doesn't matter too much that mine is a bigger scale as played around with Cow, making him pose for a photo

No comments:

Post a Comment