Monday 23 January 2012

Hull

I have moved North, all 240 miles North which is why it is having a capital letter and started a new job today with a community respiratory team.  Respiratory physiotherapy is definitely my preferred speciality and it's an amazing opportunity, if a *teensy* bit daunting.  In one day alone I have learnt more than I think I ever knew about inhalers and have sooooo much more depth and experience to gain!
As you might imagine crafting has taken a bit of a back seat to the rest of life but I did pack a much fuller box of supplies to bring with me this time and have bought a little pack of postcard size butterfly printed papers; very vintage (?for wallpapers).  The duck did not get knitted together, nor the cross-stitch mounted.  Mum has found another of my old cross-stitches, Tigger this time, and I bought a nice wooden frame for it but didn't quite get as far as mounting it... perhaps it will be finished as a surprise for me in a few months when I'm back down at my parents....
Ooh, I did also start doing a scrapbook page for Christmas 2011 and have got some stuff pre-prepared ready for experiences to happen and be documented this year; how organised is that?!?
Sorry for the lack of anything particularly interesting to talk about....although I have just remembered the miniature wooden toy train I started making, inspired by a tutorial in an old issue of 'Artisans in Miniature' magazine.  I can't remember which issue but you can find them all, here:  http://www.artisansinminiature.com/photo_2.html
Mine has progressed slightly since this photo was taken but that's all you're getting for now... And next time I will have the coin the other way up so you can tell it is a penny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment