Thursday 13 October 2011

Shopping

I like having annual leave :) It meant I got to spend some time with my lovely boyfriend and part of that was going craft shopping.  There is a garden centre/cafe/craft place near his Nan's called 'Squires' which we visited.  I was very restrained and only bought a couple of scrapbook pages which I though I could use to brighten up my walls.  They're double sided which is a bonus and have glossy/glittery accents too.

I also bought some wrapping paper for a friend of mine who isn't feeling great; we tend to look after each other and I have a funny feeling that pictures of guinea pigs, wrapped up in wool and skiing, will be right up her street!!

 I saw a set of cardboard boxes, laid out like a printers tray as well and had a fisherprice moment ("oh the possibilities") as that would be a much cheaper and easier way to do one of the projects I have brewing in the back of my head.  There was also a house shape made of wood. 3D, with shelves or floors in.  It was only about 9" tall and I'm sure I could have found something to do with it but didn't feel like trying the patience of my slightly bored boyfriend any longer.

The cross stitch is most definitely underway - I started with a colour I was very confident I knew what it was and as this was only half cross stitch I've managed to get a fair bit done.  having started filling in my first couple of leaves tho I'm discovering that I may not have followed the pattern quite as closely as I should have done and I appear to be a couple of stitches or rows 'out' - but not consistently. Bizzare!  I shall 'careful construct my own interpretation of the pattern' and if you don't tell, no-one will ever know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment