Wednesday 3 July 2013

Back home again

I haven't done anything crafty today as I've been travelling but do have photos of cards from the other day to share.  I've been settling back into my room and my own space and trying to organise the clutter around me and file and sort everything.  I do get frustrated about living with my parents and having a small bedroom with all my stuff in.  It's a constant struggle to have the space to do the crafts I enjoy and store all the different bits and pieces.  I currently have some of my filing and folders on my little sister's desk (as well as a few piles of stuff that are waiting to go elsewhere) but I need to move it all as she is due back from France quite soon.  There are also a couple of large cardboard boxes of knick-knacks and cuddly toys at my parents' bungalow and most of my pretty dresses - perhaps five - that just don't fit in my wardrobe along with the rest of my clothes and shoes etc etc.  Of course up the loft there is also some of my kitchen stuff and probably some boxes of paperwork as well as a bookshelf on the landing because I don't have room for it in my room and another box of books downstairs and both my bowling balls hidden under the stairs.  I need a house.... Come on Mim, get better, get back to work and put down a deposit on a house so you can spread to your heart's content.  In the meantime - make cards and stop ranting!
 Decoupage from the same 'Home to Nest' range again.  The image is quite dark and needed lifting so it has been given a silver backing and a lilac card.

 Some more of the FF pack from a while ago: the sheets of die-cut images.  I've trimmed the card and used a corner rounder as well.  The main image is mounted on sticky fixers and I quite like it even though it isn't really me.

This card was trickier as the decoupage is actually quite large and the colours limited the choice of card blanks I could use.  I'm not sure whether I really like the decorative edge on this card but it was already there and I couldn't be bothered to chop it off.  It adds some extra interest anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment