Tuesday 27 December 2011

Christmas

If you want to work in healthcare - don't pick the week before christmas as a time to try it out!!  I've been so busy at work and my blog has been shamefully neglected.

Christmas decorations
- I made a christmas tree by folding the pages of the John Lewis christmas catalogue, also a miniature one by making spiralled pipecleaners and then a slightly larger mini one where I glued green pompoms to an upside-down shot glass
- I also have miniature paper chains, a real labour of love I can tell you, they took forever to make as I had to use a mini bulldog clip and wait for the glue to dry on every single link!!
- I made some miniature holly leaves, cut out of green foam and tiny red beads as well to link them all along a string
- small bits of green pipe cleaner, trimmed into tree shapes, sit on top of a white bottle cap which has a ribbon round the sides of it: a perfect christmas cake!
- incomplete snowman decorations; I saw a tutorial which I adapted.  Take the cotton wool off a cotton bud (very gently), tie some red embroidery thread around to make a head and body, add a black sequin and black bead on top for a hat and then put dots with a fine tip pen for eyes/mouth/buttons
http://www.miniland.ca/SnowmanClass.html

Christmas gifts
- my oh so lovely boyfriend found a stall selling miniatures at the christmas market he visited in Germany (he's there for work) and bought me some lovely little bits and pieces
- firstly a rabbit hutch with doors that opened and three cute little bunnies and some nibbly carrots.  he was worried that it would make me cry but the rabbits don't resemble my Charlie Bunny so it was fine and I just think it's cute
- secondly a fuzzy wuzzy furry polar bear (little bit random!!) which reminds me of frozen planet.  Absolutely amazing series by the BBC, if you haven't seen it go back and do so NOW!! Penguins and polar bears are on my list of top 10 gorgeous animals that I want to keep (see also the film ' Mr Popper's penguins')
- thirdly a little mannequin with a corset on and a drapey skirt.  this came with a shuttered mirror which is in a completely different scale

Plans for the coming year
- decide which scale I'm going to work in rather than having a mish-mash of various sizes.  I absolutely love working in teeny tiny weeny but it's so fiddly and you can do so much more so much easily if you just stick to 'ordinary' dollhouse scale
- make some miniature paper corsets, using up pretty papers and trims, I can make a worktable with all the bits and pieces laid out and expand it into a project of a craft room as well as finishing my friend's sewing room/quilting shop (inspiration: http://miniatyrmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/redecoration-of-paint-shop.html and picture above which came off flicker several years ago)

- carry on visiting my new favi=ouvirte website PINTREST every day for loads of inspiration and ideas on allllllll sorts of different things - my pictures folder is rapidly expanding with some great pictures that make me smiley!!

No comments:

Post a Comment